Gathering from the gardens have begun. And while we do not grow a garden on the farm, we are blessed with the bounty from friends! One of our favorite veggies is summer squash and Zucchini! (Honestly, we love all squash!) Whether it’s bake, fried or grilled we love it! Here’s a simple summer crowd pleaser!
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||50 mins|
- 4 (2) medium summer squash (2) Zucchini
- 1 1/2 c Shredded Cheese I use the shredded mexican
- 1 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp mixed basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley I use fresh herbs from the garden
- salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- Thinly slice squash and place them in a mixing bowl with the chopped onion.
- Coat squash with herbs, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a separate bowl mix, 1 cup bread crumbs and 1 cup cheese. Pour that into the squash and mix well.
- Combine, softened cream cheese, butter and sour cream. Add that to the squash and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Top with remaining bread crumbs and cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil. Bake for 50 minutes or until squash is tender in a 375° oven. For the last 10 minutes take off the tinfoil.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.